We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Dinner Feast!

Just wanted to share a few photos and recommend one of the easiest and most delicious dinners that everyone will enjoy! I had my mom over and Dan, Noah, Grandma and I all gathered around our tiny table for a feast! It was so delicious and so much fun! I made the Almond Burgers from The Thrive Diet (Ally has previously posted the recipe), but I added onions and extra garlic (YUM), steamed greens with hemp hearts and Braggs, and served yam fries which I made with oregano, 1 tbsp. of coconut oil, pepper and garlic! I baked the yam fries at 350' for about 15 minutes and then turned them over and baked for another 5-10 minutes. Everything was delicious and the condiments complimented the food so well! My favorite store-bought ketchup by far is Organic Ville Ketchup. It is gluten-free, uses agave nectar instead of adding a ton of sugar and doesn't taste like it's loaded with salt! For 1 tbsp. you are looking at 20 calories, 0 grams of fat, 125 mg of sodium, 4 grams of carbohydrates (3 grams sugars), 0 grams of protein.
I spread lentil hummus on my bun and topped it with ketchup, mustard, cucumbers, tomato, spinach and avocado! It was so creamy and all the flavors complimented one another so well! It was ridiculously filling and I was left feeling soooo satisfied after the busy day we had!
Really the burger is enough to fill you up but if you're having family over and you want to let go and enjoy yourself and eat over a longer period filled with goodness and great conversations, then add the yam fries and steamed greens! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment