We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Curried Cranberry Quinoa!

I have always found these amazing quinoa recipes, but I honestly love my/Jay's standby quinoa recipe (onions/cuc/celery/cranberries/parsley) so much that I will barely look at any other quinoa salad recipe. This one caught my eye though, so I thought I would give it a try.

I'm so glad I did! It's wonderful. It also has the sweetness of the cranberries, but instead of the lemon/lime base it has a curry base. This recipe is even easier as it involves less chopping and no sauteeing.

Curried Cranberry Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tsp curry powder (I added 1, tasted and continued to add until it tasted right, I didn't want to add too much!)
1 cup shredded carrots (I used one large carrot and just made ribbons out of it)
Dried cranberries (as much as you want)
1 cup chickpeas

Method
-Boil 2 cups of water and add the quinoa (rinsed) and curry powder. Cover, remove from heat and let stand
-Fluff with fork and add carrots, cranberries and chickpeas

Notes: I also added a little lemon juice (adds a little more kick), a little extra virgin olive oil (doesn't need it when it's freshly made, but would dry out in the fridge without the oil), a little pepper... and maybe some more curry powder!

This tastes amazing! I even had in the next day in a pita and it was wonderful! I added mustard to it, which may sound a little odd... but tasted great!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment