We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Who doesn't love summer?

I'm not sure where everyone else is from... but here in Winnipeg... well we treasure our summers. We're often known as "Winterpeg" and spend our winters under the covers, next to a space heater, drinking tea and with a heating pad on our lap (oh wait, I think that's just me, but it's pretty cold!). I hope to learn to be more active outside in the winter (it really is hard though... I'll often get out for the sporadic walk or tobogganing session, but nothing that is a regular activity outside), but oh how much I love summer. It is just so easy to get outside for a walk or bike ride.

My summer has ranged from going surfing (or attempting surfing) in Tofino, BC....



... to striving to be hard-core 7 am surfers....

... and failing (no surf plus creepy empty parking = no 7 am surfing)

I spent countless hours on the beach (from The Oasis in Winnipeg to Victoria Beach to West Hawk Lake to about every beach in Victoria to Tofino)...

...and spent every minute that I could with my impossibly cute nephew (who phoned me the other day to ask "Where's heaven aunty Ally?" because we always tell him that that's where Danny the goat, Noah's favourite goat, from Dan's Farm in Victoria went after he passed away.... impossibly cute? yes)

A workout at the playground? Don't mind if I do...

I ate some AMAZING food (this was the delicious Miso soup from Sobo's in Tofino)...

... and drank some delicious chai's (the infamous Tofitian chai I enjoyed while searching for a coat hanger to break into our van so we could try our first surfing adventure!)...

Back in Manitoba, I had some amazing bike rides to hidden beach in Victoria Beach, around our neighbourhood in Winnipeg.... and on the trans-Canada trail at West Hawk Lake with my family...

And one of my favourite annual events (since I was born and since my mom was a child)... adventuring on the Beauty Walk at West Hawk Lake! (an amazing scenic walk/hike)


Oh summer... why do you have to end? What do you love about summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment