We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Will the male veggies please stand up?

Random thought of the day. I was going through my orientation at my new job (as a youth care worker in a group home). We were going through the kitchen and he asked me if I was a vegetarian (which I responded... kind of?) and he said said "yah, with the girls who are vegetarian, they mostly bring their own meals". I realized that most people who aren't vegetarians/vegans often assume it's mostly girls who are. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing, or it's something we don't or haven't done ourselves, but it's an interesting observation.

Another observation is that a lot of people have certain views of vegetarians/vegans... have you ever noticed that? If I ever talk about my blog or about trying to be a veggie/vegan a lot of people kind of look at you like you're crazy... or you're one of 'those' people. Ha ha, well I didn't have anywhere to go with this, I just thought it was interesting.

So... will all the men out there please.... pretty please... stand up?

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to make some of that delicious peanut butter/tofu/stifry/soba noodle dish that Jay posted about a long time ago! Mmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment