We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Creamy Miso Salad Dressing!

We all know how much I love salads... and what easier thing to experiment with than a new homemade salad dressing? I got this recipe from The Vegan Table (Colleen Patrick-Gourdeau). I really enjoy this recipe, but I am definitely more in favour of the "honey" mustard salad dressing I posted on last week (that's just me, I love any thing sweet like that... this is more creamy... just as the title says!). I think this would go great with a salad of mixed greens, any mixed veggies and a few artichoke hearts (I always have some around, but apparently I was out today!... I think the kind of tanginess of the artichoke hearts would work well with this creaminess). I made a few minor alterations, here you go!

Ally's Creamy Miso Salad Dressing

1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (I used 1/8 rice vinegar and 1/8 apple cider vinegar)
2 tbsp sesame or olive oil (I used 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
2 tbsp white, yellow, or light miso paste
1 tbsp water

Directions: Mix together and enjoy! This dressing will be the most creamiest if blended, but will still be delicious mixed by hand! Store in the refrigerator!

Yields: 1/2 cup (120 mL), or 8 (2-tbsp) servings

Per serving: 40 calories; 4g fat; 1g protein; 2g carbohydrate; 0mg cholesterol; 157 mg sodium



Mmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment