We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cranberry, chocolate chip peanut butter galore!

Well life has been a little busier than I'm used to. Starting a new job always seems to occupy more time than it should, but combine that with starting two new volunteer positions, one of which requires a lot of training, also seems to monopolize my time! I've got lots of ideas for the blog (and so does Jay! ... she'll be back soon, she's battling being very very sick with also the 'regular' morning/all-day sickness she's had during this pregnancy, but she said she would blog in a day or two... so get ready!), ha ha, starting with... actually blogging!

Yes, it's going to happen! I've got my eye on some more difficult recipes, but I didn't have much time last night after work, grocery shopping and taking care of a few things, so I did a quick one this time. I made some cranberry, chocolate chip peanut butter cookies! I'm not sure where I got this recipe from (it was just on my computers in a section where I save good-looking recipes). I had to alter a few things as I didn't have everything on the ingredients list, but they turned out ok!

Vegan 'Power House' Cookies

Makes: 20 ish small-medium cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup oat flour (I used whole wheat as I didn't have oat flour)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla chai vega powder (I didn't have any, but wanted to keep the vanilla taste, so I added about 1 tbsp of vanilla)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup raisins (or any dried fruit... I used dried cranberries... I love them!)
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
3 tbsp almond butter (didn't have any, so I used natural organic peanut butter instead)
Addition: I added 1-2 tbsp of non-dairy milk (unsweetened vanilla almond milk) at the end as the dough was too dry

Directions: Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then combine (here is where I added the milk... to your own discretion). Spoon the dough onto parchment paper lined cookie trays. The cookies won't flatten/spread much, so make sure they are in the shape you want and they can be put quite close together. Bake at 350 for 8* minutes (at 8 minutes I did not think they were done, but it was so hard to tell I didn't take them out until 14 ish minutes, so they ended up drier than I hoped, so I would say I would give them 10-11 minutes, just until the bottom starts to brown a little). Other than being a little drier than I'd hoped... they were great! (Maybe they'd be great to dunk in some tea?... I will try!)




Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment