We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Honey" Mustard Salad Dressing!

I am a big fan of vegan stews and vegan burgers and the like, but sometimes (ok, pretty often) I feel like something nice and light, but still healthy and filling. This is why I love salads... and they're so easy too! I've always been a fan of the sweeter dressings as opposed to the more oilier ones. My fave has always been a "honey mustardish" dressing, but honey isn't so vegan friendly. I found this recipe in The Vegan Table (by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau) and thought I would give it a try. I've always liked home-made dressings, but never thought I would be the type to make them for myself at home (Jay would always do this when she visits... thanks Jay!). I don't think I ever realized just how easy it is. I, of course, love the fact that it's not processed and you know exactly what you're putting into your body. So here it is!

"Honey" Mustard Salad Dressing
*Wheat-free, soy-free

Makes: 5 (2-tbsp per) servings

Ingredients:
3 to 5 tbsp agave nectar (I only used 2 because my agave nectar was on it's last leg!)
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar because I realized we were out of rice wine)
1 tbsp olive oil (optional) (I used 0.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil)

Directions: Blend/whisk until smooth and enjoy with salad mixings of your choice!


I used romaine lettuce, red peppers, homegrown tomatoes, cucumber and hemp seeds/hearts! (I would have loved to add a few other things... especially avocado, but sadly I didn't have any)

Honestly... please make this for yourself... it is SO scrumptious!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment