We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Berry Delicious Vegan Pancakes!


You must think that I'm obsessed with fancy breakfasts because I sure post a lot of different 'breakfast' recipes!!! I could NEVER live without breakfast because it fuels me for my day! I love feeling energized and good-to-go for the day! Most mornings, I eat oatmeal, barley and sweet rice, steamed greens with avocado or a chlorella smoothie...but on Sundays I LOVE to make a delicious family breakfast! I invited my mother over to our house this morning and made these incredible vegan pancakes!
Since becoming a vegan, I have made it my personal mission to create some of my favorite dishes not only vegan-friendly, but DELICIOUS! I really feel that I eat a much larger variety and more flavorful dishes then ever before!
So this morning I made these fabulous vegan blueberry and strawberry pancakes, drizzled them with a touch of pure maple syrup and indulged in a little loveliness!
Just like when I cook, I would much rather share the product of my creativity than consume it alone! It brings me so much joy and happiness to share my recipes with you, in hopes of starting a chain-effect of spreading some vegan-love! Whether you are a vegan, or not, isn't what this is about. I really believe that if everyone consumed even a few vegan dishes/week, we would all be working together to fight against animal cruelty and to fight for the protection and preservation of our environment!!! So here is my easy recipe for some scrumptious pancakes if you're feeling the urge to indulge!!!

Berry Delicious Vegan Pancake Recipe:
1 cup of spelt flour
2 tbsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of cinnamon
a pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp. of maple sugar
1 cup of almond milk
2 tbsp. of pure, unsweetened applesauce
berries (your favorite)!

Pre-heat a non-stick pan with a little coconut oil at low-med setting (I usually cook at about a 3 level). Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the almond milk and applesauce and mix until just combined. Place a scoop of pancake mix onto the pre-heated pan. Add berries on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Once the pancake starts to bubble and the flipper can easily slide underneath the pancake, flip and cook on the other side for a few more minutes, until the pancake has cooked through. Place the finished pancake on a plate and add more batter to the pan and continue to cook the pancakes until all the batter has been used! Serve with some pure maple syrup or spread some unsweetened applesauce over and enjoy! This recipe makes 4-6 pancakes, depending on the size you make!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm these look so good! I have been looking for a vegan pancake recipe, so I can't wait to try these! Thanks for sharing!
    P.S. your bbq meal looked SOOOO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete