We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

To All the Mamas Out There!

Being a mother is the most incredible, difficult, rewarding, humbling and life-changing job I will ever bear. My life changed for the better when I met my husband Dan and then our lives were forever-changed when we became pregnant with our first child, Noah (he surprised everyone)!!! He has taught us to stop and enjoy the simple things in life, that the world doesn't revolve around just us...there is so much more out there! He has taught us that even though we had all these 'plans', having him changed everything and inspired us to dream even bigger than we ever had before...each milestone we reach is so much more rewarding with having a child and the difficulties and challenges you will surely face as a parent! I am so proud to be a mother. I feel so blessed to have found such a supportive, accepting and loving husband who is so patient with me and really is my best friend and soul-mate! My journey has been through many ups and downs and I know that there will still be many hardships (that's life), and it is those hardships that make you relish in the joy that surrounds you.
As a mother, your plans will be put on hold, you will no longer come first, going out will be a juggle and a challenge and your priorities will completely change. Being a mother is difficult!!! It is also the most incredible feeling in the world! I can' t explain how happy it makes me to be a mother! That in itself is the best Mother's Day gift anyone could ever give to me!

For you are fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalms 139

When Noah was first born, my mom gave me the book On the Night You Were Born, by Nancy Tillman and I SOBBED! It is so beautifully written and the words were in so many ways, explaining the overbearing feelings that I had for my son! I have read this book so many times to Noah and I still have to take deep breaths so I don't cry! I am a sap, what can I say?!!! Here is an excerpt from the book so you can see what I'm talking about:
On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, "Life will never be the same."
The illustrations are so beautiful and every page will surely make you smile!

Whether you are a mother or not, I wish you the most beautiful day tomorrow filled with sunshine, love and happiness! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment