We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Pineapple Red Curry Recipe


Last night was my night to cook here at the Barnes' household! With Carry working, it would have been a fend-for-yourself kinda night until Carry pulled out this recipe she had been wanting to cook! It was from another family member and she hadn't tried it yet. At first when I read 'Fruity Red Curry' I felt a little apprehensive because I'm not a HUGE curry fan and I don't like pineapple!!! BUT Dan LOVES it (as does Ally) and I knew that Dan's dad loves a little spice so I thought that it would be a great experiment!!!! Dan went out and bought the ingredients which was really sweet...we had a busy day out and about but finally around 5pm I figured that it was do or die time for my curry-testing-skills! My cooking was off to a smooth start until Ally saw me dump the clumpy coconut milk into the pot!!! Let's just say it didn't look pretty!!! Thankfully the final product was a success and the flavour was incredible!!! We all have different levels of tolerance when it comes to spice in our family...this curry is about a 3 out of 10 on a spicy level (10 being HOTTTT)...so Dan and I added a little extra ZING with a splash of hot sauce (which I later learned had red colouring in it...BOO...is that REALLY necessary?!!)...but I would seriously make this recipe again (only hold the hot sauce with colouring because that's gross)!!! So here is the recipe:

Pineapple Red Curry Recipe

1 can of coconut milk
1 can of pineapple slices
2 tbsp. of red curry paste
1 onion diced
2 cups of assorted mushrooms
1 red peppers
1 cup of snow peas
1 package of firm tofu, cut into sm. cubes
1 head of bok choy (we used savoy cabbage instead because we didn't have any and it turned out delicious)
green onions, slivered for garnish
sea salt to taste

Cook at a medium heat setting, the onion for 2 minutes in a wok, until they start to turn translucent and soften. Add the tofu and cook for another 2 minutes until they are lightly brown. Add mushrooms, red pepper, snow peas and cabbage and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender-crisp. Pour in the coconut milk and pineapple and bring to a boil. Add the red curry paste and let everything simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve over your favourite grain (I made quinoa), and garnish with green onions! Voila!



I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment