We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Treats!

Oh how I love me some easter treats.

I realize this is a healthy living blog. I think healthy living comes with a little indulgence, don't you? We all need to treat ourselves once in a while. And what a better thing to treat ourselves with than one of those delicious holiday treats you only get once a year?

At easter time in our family... that means paska. You probably don't know what paska is, unless you're Mennonite. It is a delicious sweetish bread covered in icing (and often sprinkles)? It's hard to describe, but trust me, it is amazing.




It takes a while to make, much like making break from scratch. It has to rise twice, for two hours before finally making it in the oven to bake. My mom and I spent the afternoon whipping up this years batch of paska (we'll bring some to our family dinner on Sunday).

Mmm mmm good :)

By the time I realized I forgot to take a picture for my blog, half the first loaf of paska was gone! Gasp! My dad, mom and I each had a delicious slice... and it was worth it!

I think I should attach my camera to my hip now that I'm blogging, what do you think?

What are your favourite easter treats? I assume chocolate will be in there somewhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment