We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Monday, April 5, 2010

An Inexpensive Date For Two!

Dan and I try to go for one date every week if we can. It's a great way for us to have a little break away from Noah and have some 'just us' time to re-connect and have some fun! During those cold and rainy winter months we got into the habit of going to a movie but that can be pricey and we have decided to make our dates more active when the weather is nice!
So today we took the opportunity while the sun was out to go for a bike ride! Just the two of us! It was a stressful beginning as Dan's bike isn't in the best condition and we were feeling pretty tired from yesterdays' festivities. Within five minutes of pedaling, and breathing in the fresh Spring air, we were both feeling so happy with our decision to go for a bike ride! We saw deer and squirrels and so many active individuals and families enjoying the weather too!

Being active is something I am so passionate about.
There are so many ways that you can be active and have fun! I would say that I work-out on average, six days/week. For many years I felt like I 'had' to work-out and I didn't enjoy it all that much... but I have now come to a place where I crave my work-outs! After I had Noah, he became my first priority but for me to put him first and for Dan and I to raise him the way that we wanted, meant that we had to focus on practicing what we preach. Health and happiness go hand-in-hand. If I didn't love myself enough to take care of myself, how could I be there for Noah and tell him to do the same? I want Noah to see how good I feel when I eat right and lead an active lifestyle. I also want him to see me ENJOY life and not be consumed with stresses. By working out and eating a balanced diet, I feel much less stressed, in control of who I am, Dan and my dreams, and I have a TON of energy to give Noah and Dan the most attention, support and love that I can! As well as taking care of myself and loving ME, Dan and I need to take care of our relationship! That's why having dates, keeps us connected despite our very-busy schedules and allows us to focus our attention on 'just us'.

I usually work-out alone but to go on an active date with Dan was so much fun! I felt like a kid in love! We cycled to Planet Organic and then stopped to eat a grilled Mediterranean Wrap which is filled with hummus, roasted veggies and I asked them to add spinach! YUM! Next time I think that we will pack a picnic and stop somewhere along our way! We had a blast on our date and I recommend taking your date outdoors when the weather is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment