We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Northern Adventure!

I just wanted to fill everyone in on my weekend full of adventures! In October my friends and I took off South of Winnipeg and had an adventurous day! We explored an abandoned brick factory and a field full of abandoned old classic cars. We ended the day eating marshmallows and hotdogs over the fire at my friend Melissa's country home. So we decided to do weekends right again... we went on another adventure! This time we chose the direction North (I guess we'll need two more adventures to complete this... more fun!). We headed to Winnipeg Beach and had a picnic. We weren't able to stay for as long as we wanted (my friend Aaron had to be back in the city early), but we still made it a great time.

My healthy addition to the snacks/food... some of my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (recipe on my past post), mini oranges and some delicious edamame beans! (Unfortunately a cookie and an orange lost their life in battle that day... they both got squished during an impromptu jumping photo shoot on our picnic blanket)

Of course some water in a reusable container (no bottles!) to stay hydrated!

Enjoying some healthy strawberries during the day! (Thanks for the snack Melissa!)

Yes, this is April and Melissa is wearing shorts! (It really was amazing out... but shorts?... and yes, you are seeing right, that is a huge chunk of ice in the water behind her)

Aaron and Melissa attempting to skip stones (Melissa and I never got the hang of it).

Melissa has no legs!

Our first activity! Melissa and I played.... that game? You know... the game with the velcro pads and a tennis ball? Just think back to your childhood and you'll remember :)

Croquet action shot!

Winners! Well I won... the second round (ha ha, I may have lost the first round).

We had an awesome time on our adventure. Has anyone else taken an adventure lately?

Sorry about my lack of new recipes. It was my plan to buy a food processor this weekend and try out a few of the recipes that I've been saving up for that... but as you can see that didn't happen. It will happen in the next few days though... so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment