We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter!

I hope everyone had an amazing Easter... I know I did!

Easter is such a wonderful time to spend with your families and to get together with everyone, but not only should we not forget, we should strive to make sure what we are celebrating on easter is the resurrection of Jesus.

He is Risen!

Ephesians 1:7: "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace"

It is because of what happened on this day that we are forgiven for our sins. It is almost unbelievable that we are able to be forgiven for our sins and we are so blessed for it.

My easter started off with a wonderful treat...

An easter bunny made of Ferrero Rochers! My mother knows me well... and how did she sneak into my room without waking me up?

Our traditional easter/Christmas/special day brunch is always german pancakes! (for those who are not mennonite out there... this means crepes... mmm)



They may not be the healthiest breakfast out there (especially with what I put on mine), but they sure are delicious! And really... we all need a treat for breakfast every once in while... mmm :)

And who doesn't love some artwork while you eat? Jayanna sent this to us from her son, my nephew, Noah. It was a card (which is why half of it is backwards) and Jay drew the people (ha ha great drawings Jay! I'm making fun of her... but I really couldn't do any better)... there is my mom (Oma), Noah and our dog Alfie drawn... woohoo! (By the way... I think a picture of Aunty Ally is missing.... hmm...)


How was everyones easter? How do you celebrate easter? I hope it was just as wonderful as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment