We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fresh Cafe and Pizza!

It's been a while, but I've been leading a busy life working, spending time with friends and trying to organize my home. I went out to lunch today at Fresh Cafe in Winnipeg (on Corydon Ave). I've been there before, but I haven't gone there enough with respect to how amazing it is! They are committed to using mostly organic fruits, veggies and food in the dishes they serve.

They have amazing juices (my friend Alison got a glass of orange juice that tasted exactly like drinking an orange), smoothies, shakes and lots of other beverages to choose from (I got a soy chai latte... it was a little windy/chilly out today, so it was a perfect comfort drink). They have a few things available to grab and go (sandwiches, muffins, and delicious Tall Grass Prairie cinnamon buns). They serve an amazing breakfast (eggs, french toast, homemade muesli, yogurt, fruit, spelt toast...) and a fantastic lunch. They have a wide variety of choices that range from those including meat, vegetarian options and even vegan options. My friend opted for the grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup and she loved it. I had the butternut burger with a fresh salad. It was unbelievably fantastic. I was completely full after lunch, but I wasn't too full. The burger was not overloaded with ingredients, but enough to make it perfect. The menu said that it was made of walnuts, pumpkin seeds, roasted garlic "aioli" tomato thyme chutney, pickled onion and sprouts. And it was vegan! Mmmm :)

I know... where's the picture? I'm apparently not an avid blogger (but I will get there!)... and now I just have even more motivation to go back there to snap a pic! Anybody in the Winnipeg area should enjoy a meal there!

I also included a few pics of my favourite frozen pizza! It's Amy's No-Cheese Roasted Vegetable Pizza (with a little Organic no-salt sweet and sour sauce on top). I normally add a few extra veggies on top while it bakes, but I was just too hungry to wait, so I just had it as is, and as is... it's amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment