We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Energizing Greens Galore!


I love feeling energized! Whether it's a great workout which gets my endorphins flowing or a healthy meal, I love the euphoric feelings that take over my body!!! My great friend Anna first inspired me to make this greens dish and now I just can't get enough! I have to tell everyone I know! Today while I was working with my friend Wendy, I was telling her about this delicious and energizing greens dish that I make and I swear my mouth started salivating! It's so great that many mornings, I wake up and can't wait until lunch...so I have this greens dish for breakfast!!!! Okay, enough teasing, here is my recipe for what I call:

Jayanna's Energizing Greens Galore:

1 zucchini sliced in 1/2 inch circular pieces
1 bunch of kale leaves (compost the stems)
baby bok choy or rainbow chard (break into pieces)
1 handful of green beans
1 handful of peas (except if you are Erin reading this who can't stand the sight of them...in that case just don't add peas!!!!)
1/2 avocado cubed
2 tbsp. of hemp hearts
2 tsp. of Bragg (all purpose seasoning)


Once water is boiling, reduce heat to a medium setting and steam green beans for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and steam for another 3-5 minutes until you can pierce a fork through but not where they are mushy because mushy= over-cooked=too much nutrients lost!

Remove green beans and zucchini from heat and add the peas, kale and bok choy or chard and drizzle with Bragg. Steam for 2 minutes until just cooked and remove, placing the greens on top of the green beans and zucchini! Top with 1/2 avocado and hemp hearts and enjoy! I like to sip a mug of green tea as well! Pure heaven! I feel so happy and energized after eating this meal! I am satisfied but find that this meal has a 'clean-feeling' after-effect! I just feel on top of the world and I can RUN so much further and faster (maybe it's in my mind but I feel this way) after eating this meal! It's quite empowering! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment